Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I'm trying to find a lawyer that will deal with custody will

Customer Question
Good morning my name is*****...
Good morning my name is***** trying to find a lawyer that will deal with custody will partial custody and see if I can get somebody out of my house I rent this house we are not married just boyfriend and girlfriend we are not getting along at all and I'm tired and I know she's tired I just need to know what steps I can take before I go to my landlord trying to get her off the lease so she can go but I do want partial custody of my child we have a 4 month old daughter and she means the world to me I'll do anything and everything I can do to have her so I can actually feed her which I I'm not really allowed to feed her because she said no but I really want to I work all the time sometimes 6 days a week most of the time if I can get some legal advice about getting her out of the house on and off the lease then get custody of her my daughter
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/8/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am happy to provide you with information, which can help you get a better understanding of the situation as a whole. Please allow me a moment.

As far as the living situation, if you are BOTH on the lease, as tenants, then she has a legal right to stay. Being on the lease provides you both with a legal right to live in the rental and you are not able to simply evict her or kick her out, when she is on the lease. Unless she is willing to vacate on her own, the fact that you are no getting along is not a basis to kick her out. If she is on the lease and you both agreed to it, she can remain, unless there are violations, at which time the landlord can step in and would evict you both. Now, as far as custody goes, if you were never married, then you would first need to establish paternity. Once that is done, then you ha e standing to proceed through the court and get visitation or custody ordered.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law