How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11764
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a Voluntary careGiver through a CPS investigation have

Customer Question

Does a Voluntary careGiver through a CPS investigation have to give the children back to the parents involved if they still neglected them even during investigation staying in the caregivers home 10 months
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes, but CPS case is not closed but the caregivers were told they could return home after the caregiver under several occasions saw them Under the influence and they didn't provide food or medical for there own children for 10 mths
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If there is a remote chance they caregiver can get permanent conservatorship
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 8 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 8 months ago.

By return home, do you mean the caregiver bringing the child with them if the caregiver witnesses the parents engaging in unsafe behavior? Is there a CPS plan (ie an agreement that the parent will do certain things to allow the parents to remain with the child)? Does the plan in any way address the caregiver?

Related Family Law Questions