How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 756
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is my child support was terminated but there was

Customer Question

my question is my child support was terminated but there was arrearage in the amount of 10k with 20 per month to go towards it does it change now support was terminated by judge due my child moving with me
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not as of yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 9 months ago.

Generally, arrears payments will not automatically change no. However, that should be made clear in the termination paperwork you received. Was the arrears addressed at all? Do you want to pay more to arrears are you wanting it to remain the same?