How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just last month my X husband died, I had been receiving back

Customer Question

just last month my X husband died, I had been receiving back child support payment thru The TAG on my X"s social security. This was court ordered back in 1987, I am still owed 30 something thousand dollars and I would like to know if I will be able to receive it? I live in Indiana but the original court order is from Texas. My X lived and died in LA
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  jb156200 replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. First, did the court order state whether the father would be required to maintain life insurance for the children?