How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 10484
Experience:  Experienced Family Law Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I go to court in sacramento CA on the 10thof

Customer Question

my husband and I go to court in sacramento CA on the 10thof this month for a restraining order I filed in Sept. we went once but it was rescheduled for the 10th because the judge wanted to review all the many documents I attached for abuse. since then my husband and I have set some rules for ourselves and want to submit to the judge on the 10th. Is there a special form for that or should I just type it up and both of us sign? I still want restraining order but only the conduct order for 5 years. There are some things I will pass on and want the judge to know what they are. I do want alimony as I am raising my grandson that my husband and I have legal guardianship of and I want my husband to take some responsibility for him such as every other weekends to give me some kind of break. other things im asking is to make sure he puts back on all insurance policys as beneficiary, back on bank account that he revoked my card for. 50/50 split on all saved and accumulated money from tenants in our 2 rentals. Pay my health insurance and life insurance policys and give me copys of all life insurance policys and copy of living trust. put my name back on 3 banks that hold our mortgage for 3 homes so I can retrieve information when I need to. Can you please give me some ideas of what form I need to do. Also we are not divorcing. I live in our motorhome with my grandson and he has the family home which I don't because its way to much and exspencive for me and we do plan to rent it out and split overflow from rent each month. thank you
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sacramento CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes all documents for restraining order and we have had one hearing that the judge moved to Nov 10th because we were the last to me called that day and he wanted to review all the documents I provided. I gave copys of all the bank info and loans I could get my hands on. My husband just wrote up an exspence sheet that he could put any numbers on. He has with held financial info from me for 44 yrs of our marriage. he is 76 I am 63 and not interested in a divorce due to the age factors.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thx
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. I am glad to hear that the parties were able to work things out. The court will generally "rubber stamp" an agreement if they feel that no one is at risk. There is no standard stipulation form but here is a template (it's for LA county, but can be used as a template, and placed on pleading paper) or here

Pleading paper instruction and template here

Later if it needs to be amended please see page 45 and on here

The court may only request the relief requested in the original pleading, so if new issues have arisen one needs to file a new FL 300 for that.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is

Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.