How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband asked for a divorce after 28 years and said that

Customer Question

My husband asked for a divorce after 28 years and said that he has been unhappy for 28 years because I am mean and do not show any affection. I want to hire a private investigator to follow him on a Saturday night and see who he is meeting or leaving and going home with. He does not return home until after 3 oclock in the morning.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to read that your marriage may be coming to an end.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, new expert here as the previous expert opted out, and I have opted in. Did you still need assistance? If so, can you please clarify what your legal question is, please? Are you asking if it is legal to hire a private investigator?