How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 784
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Alameda County, CA. I have reached agreement with

Customer Question

I live in Alameda County, CA. I have reached agreement with my ex-spouse on our divorce and as a formality, need to file some paperwork with the court in addition to form FL-180. I have been asked to complete the following forms:
1) FL-141 (Declaration re Service of Declaration of Disclosure and I&E Declaration)Questions:
a) Do I complete Section 3 & 4 of the Form FL-141 OR only Section 4?
Requirements in Section 3 of FL-141 list the following forms and I wonder if I need to include them all and submit them to court or do i only complete Section 4 of the form ?
- FL-140 - Final Declaration Disclosure ?
- FL-150 - I&E Declaration ?
- FL-142 - Completed Scheduled or Assets and Debts ?
- Material facts and information required by Family Code Section 2015 ?b) What information should I include for "Material facts and information required by Family Code Section 2015" ?c) FL-141: Do I also check Box #4 (Service of Petitioner's final declaration of disclosure) ?d) Once all forms are printed, do all need to be notarized ?Please give me some guidance and let me know if there are any other forms that I should fill out in order to complete this process ?
Thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

a) You complete 3 or 4 depending on the situation. I am guessing you should do #4 and you guys should complete the waiver of final declaration (Form FL-144) and file it at the same time as the form and thus check boxes in 4(a). Then you do not need to complete any of FL-140, FL-150, FL-142.

b) You will not need to do this if you do what I stated in a.

c) Answered in a above. All should make more sense after you read FL-144.

d) The documents do not need to be notarized.

As far as other forms, I presume you are doing a settlement agreement and consent decree?

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Can I assist you further with this?

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

It seems you requested a phone call but it did not work, do you still need assistance?