How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2156
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced for nearly 20 years. I meet and

Customer Question

Hello, I have been divorced for nearly 20 years. I meet and exceeded all that the court's required of me. However my ex was employed by blue cross and clearly stared in the divorce decree she would provide my health insurance. Just last week sh tested me to Sat she has taken a new position, still in the health care field. she informed me that she or the company would no longer cover my health insurance. I have a copy of the divorce and it clearly states she would be responsible for my children as well as myself. I did pay any additional costs up to 75% included braces and other miscellaneous items. My question is, is she still responsible for my healthcare or should I seek legal action?
Confused David Reilly your response would be greatly apprecuated
I have Ben told by other legal professionals to look
domestic but that's all Greek to me ThankYou!
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that. Until the divorce decree is modified then she is obligated to cover you unless it has language that says something to the effect of "As long as she is an employee of Blue Cross Blue Shield" for example.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.

Related Family Law Questions