How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116834
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you get rid of a public administrator? My husband was

Customer Question

How do you get rid of a public administrator? My husband was taken and given a public administrator when I was his durable power of attorney. Went behind our backs to court and put him in a nursing home. He wants out after public administrator and 1/4 million dollars later she wants me to sign over more property to get him on medicaid which we don't qualify for he was just evaluated and he is competent just can't walk. They have not given me any spousal support to which I am entitled. They made up quite a few lies to try to get me committed to a nut house made me homeless and put me in jail. I am 67 years old and my husband is 70. We have been married 40 years but the court and crooked judge have basically imprisoned both of us. Took all our money stuck him in a nursing home and me in jail and made me homeless. What can we do? Sue I can't find a lawyer that will touch this.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to remove the public administrator you have to show that the public administrator removed, you have to prove that they are breaching their fiduciary duty to your husband, since that is the only one they have a duty to protect. I do not know why you cannot find an attorney if the administrator is improperly handling your husband's affairs, but if you cannot afford an attorney then that is a different story and you would need to go to the local legal aid office or contact the state bar pro bono program and you will have to have an attorney to fight the public administrator I am afraid, it is the only way.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions