Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

If the non biological father is on the Birth Certificate and

Customer Question
is married(going thru divorce)...
If the non biological father is on the Birth Certificate and is married(going thru divorce) still to the biological mother can the Biological Father get a dna test and take the none biological dads rights away?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
11/3/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you please share with me what State this is in? Also, why was the non biological fathers name on the birth certificate to begin with if they were not the father?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Texas! He was on the B.C because the biological father was not aware of the child at birth!

Thank you. Please allow me a moment to respond

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no thanks to the call

Not a problem. Happy to respond here. Allow me a moment

Yes, the biological father can have his name added to the birth certificate and the non biological fathers, removed. It is going to require a paternity test and then a court order but it can certainly be done. I have also provided a link below, which you can use that explains what needs to be done, to resolve this. It will take time but if everyone cooperates, it can happen.

http://www.dshs.texas.gov/vs/reqproc/amendparentage.shtm

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do i end this convo

Do you have any additional questions? Are you happy with the help and information provided?

Ely, Counselor at Law