Common family law questions on JustAnswer
Some of the family law questions that have been addressed on JustAnswer include:
- I need help in communicating with the GA Department of Family and Children's Services. Whom do I contact for help?
- Can a previously established child support order increase in the summer for daycare? If so, can I request receipts to prove that additional funds are being used for their intended purpose?
- My ex fiancée, with whom I had a domestic partnership for 7 years, is now threatening to take my property from me because she states that we were in a “common law marriage.” Is this true?
- If my son’s biological father is not on his birth certificate, do I need his permission before my husband can adopt him?
- Can an adult collect back child support from their parent?
- For divorce proceedings that involve properties in multiple states, will I need multiple lawyers?
Because family law can vary widely from place to place, it will be helpful to the Experts if you have the following items of information ready:
- The state in which the dispute is taking place
- The specifics of your situation, including relevant dates, timeframes, and involved parties
- Whether you’ve already consulted with an attorney
With this information prepared, you’ll more quickly gain access to the family law assistance you need.