How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11823
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter, her husband and three children live with us in

Customer Question

My daughter, her husband and three children live with us in a large home. We charge them $800 + groceries a month as each has their own room on the second floor. They just got a dog and I went up to their bathroom yesterday to turn off the bathroom fan bc it was running for hours after they all left. Their dog stopped me at the doorway of the bath and attacked me biting both feet. When I went to remove his teeth and mouth from my right foot, her proceed to bite both of my hands in the same manner! I have to hit him for release! My daughter now says that it's my fault because he's territorial and I should have never ventured to the second floor. However, they pay a fixed rent and the fan had been on all morning and half the afternoon, along with the light. They never turn anything off like agreed and we pay steeper bills than there should be. What are we suppose to do about this situation?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Connecticut
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you, please give me a moment to review and possibly research answers to your question.

Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about the attack and the situation involving your family. That is never easy when family is involved. So, what would you like to do? Legally speaking, you can just evict them.