How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116780
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a daughter who has had 4 of her 6 children Adopted

Customer Question

I have a daughter who has had 4 of her 6 children Adopted right after birth due to her being diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic non-medication compliance for years and now has a 6 yr old and 8 yr old who's father committed suicide due to heather not allowing him to see his children. All I want is to be able to see the 2 children she has now . She just got out of jail and while she was there she asked that I keep her children which I did and got them into public school for the first time. Due to her illness she has now taken them to live where she rents a room from some folks before this they lived in over 12 hotels . I'm afraid she will disappearing every game and I will not know where my grandchildren are they wanting to stay with me for a few days out of the week which I allowed then my daughter got mad at me and now I have taken them and only allows me to take them nothing I want rights to be able to see my grandchildren monthly I would like to have them on holidays because I don't even know what I never got to enjoy it i'm at a loss at what to do to get in the fact that my daughters mental condition my grandchildren want to spend time with me and I know eventually she'll disappear again like she did take them someplace I won't be able to find them
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If she is not fit to have the children, as is evidenced by her non-compliance you referenced, you would need a local attorney and they have to file a petition for custody in court and as part of that ask the court for an emergency custody order (which can be done quickly without giving her time to leave and hide the children) and then you would have a hearing where you would present evidence of her other children being adopted from her because of her mental health issues and show the court she is not fit to have these children, especially in the conditions she is raising them in and you should be able to get a court order granting you custody.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions