How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In MD today custody was flip flopped the mentally ill,

Customer Question

In MD today custody was flip flopped the mentally ill, alcholic mother became primary and the father became secondary. The judge made a decision the same day and based it on non cooperation of the father and it is not in the best interest of this six year old. Parents cannot get along mostly on the mothers part. I am reading that a case Tillman VS OAKS THE COURT MADE INADEQUATE FACTUAL FINDINGS TO JUSTIFY A SUBSTANTIALCHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCES.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Stated MD
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet hearing was just done today.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that how long to appeal and the judge stated the father did not do what he was supposed to do and he did. The father filed contempt on the mother.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and thank you for using Give me a bit and I will draft you an answer to your question.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

The father would have 30 days to file an appeal on this case. See link for guide to self-representation for appeals:

If the court based it on non compliance of the father and not a material change in circumstance then he might have a case on appeal although noncompliance and non working with the other parent could be considered detrimental to the child. Understand that winning an appeal is very difficult and can be costly as an attorney is usually recommended for something such as this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate:

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?