How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117442
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a quick question its about a DSS case I had someone

Customer Question

Hi, I have a quick question its about a DSS case I had someone get mad at me call I did everything they ask me to do they took me to court I did evething they ask me to. They kept saying that my husband was doing drugs he is not my hair test where clean my 6 year is not and my husband is not. The 6 year old has all was been higher. My son goes to church with 2 DSS kids in his class room there is 3 that he is very close with and after school is 2. Everyone is telling me cause he is such a huggy huggy kids they could be contaminating my child because these are very low numbers that were talking about. Well we went to court they close my case and the next morning came out again and reopened another case said they didn't want to close the case the judge did. My daughter works at aftercare and while we was in school they called and said not to let anyone get him. He wasn't there at school this day well they came in said they were putting my son into foster care I couldn't place him. My child is borderline autistic he will never make it in foster care. I still have my child what can they do its been almost a week and the cops came out that day they came to my and cops would not sign the the removal of child and now as of today they will not put out an amber alert. If I take him over state lines can DSS come over state lines and get it. How long does DSS have that that order of removal is good for. My father-in-law is talking to lawyers and trying to go to court to get custody of child because they would not let me place my child with family they wanted him in foster care please help me
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor had to leave.
If a judge closed a case, DSS cannot just reopen it on the same facts, but this is part of the gross negligence and incompetence of these DSS social workers and they will go to any lengths to violate the rights of children and parents despite what judge's order. At this point you have several things to do, which would need a local attorney.
First, you need to get to court and file a motion for order to show cause for contempt against DSS and their social worker for circumventing the judge's order to close the case and opening a new case for the same thing. Second, you would have grounds to sue DSS and their social worker for violation of your civil rights and your child's civil rights, because the US Supreme Court has held that you have a civil right to make decisions for your child. See: Troxel v. Granville, 530 U.S. 57 (2000)
You need to stand up to these social workers, because they are biased and will twist words and even fabricate evidence to achieve the outcome they want, regardless of your rights or what the laws say, as you can see by the judge closing the case and them trying to reopen a case.
The only way to beat DSS is by taking them to court with an attorney and fighting them and then suing them for the damages they caused you financially and emotionally in violating your civil rights and your child's civil rights.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Family Law Questions