How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get a marriage license. i live in florida, but we

Customer Question

i want to get a marriage license. i live in florida, but we want to get married in Nevada or california. can we get married in another state? we ll live in florida.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 8 months ago.


Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You may get married in Nevada easily. In Nevada a marriage license is issued the same day that you apply. You do not need to be a Resident of Nevada to be married. Florida must recognize your Nevada marriage. See this resource for more information on Nevada marriages:

The same is true for California. The license is issued the same day and you do not need to be a resident.

See here:

You do not need to get the license in Florida. You must get the icense in the State where you are getting married.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we would like to make a pre marriage agreement regarding property or anything we get during marriage and keep it as separate, is it possible in florida? with just a contract signed and validated with a notary is sufficient? do i need to hire a lawyer for this?
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 8 months ago.

This is called a Prenuptial Agreement.

You can do it yourself. Here is an article that explains how and includes a sample form:

Here is a copy of the Florida Law on prenuptial agreements:

Good luck and Congratulations.

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Kind regards,


Related Family Law Questions