How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19628
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In a divorce case can a spouse ask for divorce under law

Customer Question

In a divorce case can a spouse ask for divorce under law even if trial is on and no judgement delivered about division of community property?Such spouse agrees that he will give whatever judgment is delivered finally.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Kindly explain a little more.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A divorce case is filed by US citizen petitioner ,it is a contested divorce as community property and its division was not agreed.Is it possible that petitioner ask for divorce first,get married while division of community property is decided later by the court.Can the law allow him to get divorce before judgement comes in 1-2 years about division of community property?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, if there is a bifurcated divorce. That is, if there is a Judgment of Divorce, but the division of assets is decided later, the parties are free to get married again.