Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am court ordered to pay child support and medical

Customer Question

Hi there. I am court ordered to pay child support and medical insurance. I have changed the medical insurance because i can not pay 640 a month in child support and an additional almost 800 in premiums. I had to change the medical insurance in order to be able to provide a home, clothing and food for my child when I have him which is every weekend. There is much more subjective things going on but I am trying to stay objective. I continue to be threatened from my ex in regards ***** ***** me back to court. I can not afford decent representation as I was left paying the court costs the last event. I have done nothing wrong save not explaining the changes due to her not wanting to discuss things with me face to face. Medical insurance is up to date, and child support is up to date. I don't like or feel that I should be threatened about being taken back to court when I have not done anything wrong. subjective details can be included if needed. I live in texas but i am tired of being threatened when i have done nothing wrong. I feel if i respond to the threats I will just be engaging childish behavior and open myself to more litigation. I am lost. simple dad trying to do the right thing. sorry so lengthy just unsure what do as I could not and can afford decent representation.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I can not afford one
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is subjective information needed?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

What do you mean when you say you changed medical insurance? How did you change it? And what did your ex not like about the change?