Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Sure. I live in Minnesota. I have a 5 year old. Joint legal,

Customer Question

Sure. Hello! I live in Minnesota. I have a 5 year old. Joint legal, no physical and a parenting time schedule. I pay child care, basic support and medical. I am researching how to do a financial discovery document without actually hiring a lawyer. can you help with that?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to properly file a motion for parenting time assistance, how to write the verbiage in a financial discovery document and possibly a strategy for my trial in which I will likely have my ineptitude as father attacked.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
We can answer generally any of your narrow and specific questions, but we cannot draft any pleadings for you nor can we write any of your arguments for you, that would be considered representation prohibited by state laws. So if you have specific questions about the financial discovery, we can answer those. We can answer questions about your parenting time as well. However, we cannot write anything for you on these issues. So if you have specific questions you need answered, please formulate them and we will work to help you, but the broad questions pretty much requiring us to put your case together for you is outside the scope of this service.