How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42316
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would I be able to hire an attorney to represent me that my

Customer Question

Would I be able to hire an attorney to represent me that my husband used in our previous divorce case that was non suited? Or would that represent a conflict of interest? I live in Texas. The last divorce case was non suited around July of 2015
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Honestly the lawyer here would likely decline and claim conflict of interest.He may be privy to information from your ex here that he would not be able to effectively represent you in this matter.I would seek a different lawyer to represent you int he divorce.The state bar of Texas has an excellent lawyer referral program.Here is contact information for that.

You get a half hour office visit to discuss your divorce and fee quote, etc.

Texas requires a minimum of 60 days waiting period from when you file until judge will grant it here.

I appreciate the chance to help and wish you well here.Have a Happy Halloween.