Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

When a divorce is bifurcated, what is the date our

Customer Question
financials would be included? JA: Because...
when a divorce is bifurcated, what is the date our financials would be included?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: mn
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: like what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, but thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/30/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When the divorce is bifurcated, the court sets hearing dates for the divorce and then the property division. The court would set a date for submission of all financial reports prior to the property division hearings which would be after the divorce is heard and decided. So this is up to the court as to when the financials are required.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is: Does that mean that division of marital financials would be included to be divided until the date of the bifurcation or until the date of trial
Thank you for your reply.
It means the division of marital assets will not happen until after the divorce hearing. The financials would be included when the division of assets portion of the trial takes place.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer