How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in State. Is it possible to obtain emergency

Customer Question

I live in Washington State. Is it possible to obtain emergency guardianship for my parents? They are 86 and living independently in an apartment. My dad is physically disabled, has Alzheimer's with Sundowner's Syndrome and is living in the care of my mom, who is also physically disabled. I am in the process of obtaining guardianship in order to move them to a facility, but currently only have POA for each parent secondary to the other. My dad was taken to the hospital in the night, diagnosed with kidney stones, and is about to be released on pain meds to my mom's care. There are no caregivers available on short notice from the agencies they contract with. I would like to have my dad discharged to skilled nursing until the kidney stone passes. The hospital cannot do that without my mom's approval, and both my parents want to go home. I do not believe they are safe in that environment.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can be reached at C/***-***-****. Thank you.
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 36 years’ experience in family law, appeals, landlord-tenant, and other types of law. I look forward to helping you today.

Please note:This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also – I will be typing my answer for you so I’ll be back in a few minutes.

Hello L, I can do a phone call but we have to do phone calls through Just Answer so it has to be offered here in this room or I can offer it.

Do you have a durable power of attorney or just power of attorney?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

The amount offered is the same amount as if you called from your side. There is no difference in cost. I'm offering a premium service of a phone call if you choose to accept it, otherwise we can talk here.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

I'm happy to help you because you have a good question for Wash. State.

You can get guardianship of your parents in Wash state. To expedite it, you can ask for temporary guardianship. Would you like to discuss it here or on the phone?

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry but all phone calls must go through Just Answer and they are all the same price. If you'd still like a phone call please let me know. If you'd like to discuss this here, we can do that. I just need to know what you'd like to do. I want to help you and I can do so.