How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116709
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am disabled, can my husband, as my representative payee

Customer Question

If I am disabled, can my husband, as my representative payee allot part of the payment the we receive from SSDI on behalf of my minor child to pay housing and food expenses?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that the money for the child must actually be spent on the child's needs directly, so not for rent or food expenses, directly for their needs only not for family needs. The funds are ONLY for your child's needs not to share among everyone. So, you would have to account for everything spent and show how it only was used for the child and not for anyone else in the household.

Related Family Law Questions