How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116792
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father got remarried after my mother died i was 30 yrs

Customer Question

my father got remarried after my mother died i was 30 yrs old the lady he married was divorced living with her 30 yo daughter after 30 yrs of marriage the new wife died my father was the sole breadwinner
her daughter went behind my back and hired a lawyer and got poa and his 4 bank accts and trustee on his retirement acct 5 years later my father got sick and she tried to have him declared mentaly incompt which failed then she cut his medicine and turned him over to hospice and gave him a lethal dose of morphene against me and my sisters objection me and my sister got a temp stay of exicution for him and they cut the morphine then my father called the lawyer and got me and sister joint poa and step sister was notified she no longer had sole poa rights then she complaind about the money that was costing to keep him alive it was my fathers money my father signed a DNR order NOT knowing what he signed when i told him he immeditly had it cancled he got sick again 3 weeks later she had him cut off from reg doc and hosp i had to send him to another hosp and i gave them full auth to give any treatment he needs they refused to get the hart spec and lung doc the step sister showed up the next day and they shoved 4 drugs down his throat and his hart stopped 3 hrs later
i found out after my father died step sister was passing her self off as his daughter to get her way
my father was sent to the cremation that night i went to to the crematory the next day and orderd them not to give her the death certifacate she had signed an affidavit saying she was the daughter and she cleand out the last bank acct the crematory got verification from the hosp that she was a real daughter1.have any laws been broken here where i can get the police involved? the hosp neglent for not checking daughter out they were told up front i was the next of kin poa and not to take any orders from her?
3.i took my father to virginia and buried him next to my mother in his cemetary plot bought 12 years prier to 2nd marriage i sent the bill 5800 dollars to the step daughter a month ago and she refuses to pay it there was plenty money there about 100,000 dollars am i entitald to get that money back from her?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i sent cemetary bill to step daughter she just laff at it does she have to pay it?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Are there laws broken, YES, she has committed fraud and theft and also financial abuse of the elderly or infirm. You need an attorney first and foremost to she her in court. The attorney will also take all of the records and proof you have and will go to the State Attorney's office to pursue criminal charges against her and take her in and seek to put her in jail.
Under FL law, this is going to be a probate court contest and as such the law mandates you have a local probate attorney representing you and your good sister against this woman.

Related Family Law Questions