RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

What to do/say when the defendant counsel lies in court

What to do/say when the defendant counsel lies in court during family court hearing ? (I represent myself, NJ family court).

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Since you are pro se you may want to be sworn in as a witness and to give testimony that refutes the lies by the other side.You have the right to do this and it helps you refute under oath.This helps you have credible evidence on your side in the record.You also have right to make arguments for your side but you need to testify if you want this to be counted as evidence you need to give testimony here to help meet your burden of contesting what the lawyer has said.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.