Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Im currently paying child support for a child thats 18

Customer Question
beccause she did not graduate...
im currently paying child support for a child thats 18 beccause she did not graduate when she was suppose to,now im hearing shes not going to school on a regular basis, and have even had 2 truancy since school started. is this grounds to get the child support stops? or does her attendants matter? it was already mention in my divorce decree that that school was not a priority to her.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: las vegas, nv
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no! apparently child support sent my ex wife a letter asking for my daughter status in school, the letter stated that if the child was going to be registered in school, thats grounds for the support to continue until she graduates or turn 19 which ever comes first,so the ex wife just sent in her registration papers for school, and child support continued
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/26/2016
Family Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney replied 1 year ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Typically, you are only required to pay child support until the child reaches the age of majority (18). In Nevada, child support ends at the age of majority, which is 18, or 19 if a child is in high school and expects to graduate by age 19. Child support is automatically terminated at the age of majority unless otherwise specified in the court order.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Family Law Attorney