Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

YEXAS CPS CAN THEY MAKE YOU TAKE A HAIR DRUG TEST WHEN U

Customer Question
OFFEREF URINE BUT YOUR VASE...
YEXAS CPS CAN THEY MAKE YOU TAKE A HAIR DRUG TEST WHEN U OFFEREF URINE BUT YOUR VASE WAS NOT A DRUG RELATED CASE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/26/2016
Family Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Please be patient while I research and compose a reply for you.

Yes, unfortunately, CPS can require that you take a hair drug test if they feel it appropriate. You have the right to refuse, but they can then go into Family Court and try to get the judge to order such a test. If they don't have probable cause, the judge won't issue the order, but CPS is not beyond manufacturing evidence when they feel a parent they are looking into has something to hide and, worst yet, judges tend to believe what CPS tells them.

So the long and short of this is that if CPS really wants someone to take a hair test, they can almost always make that happen. And all you could do at that point would be to hire a Family lawyer and fight the matter in court.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer