How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 117460
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to figure out how to lodge my exhibits with the

Customer Question

I am trying to figure out how to lodge my exhibits with the court. I have a lot of evidence to put with my responsive declaration. I am in Orange County CA but can't find any information on it
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we are doing this ourselves
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure. The case is crazy. I have had my daughter over a year because mom went homeless and had both her kids removed my cps with substantiated child abuse. They kicked me to family court and gave me sole custody. Mom just filed now for visitation and there is so much to try and get in a smal amount of paperwork. Even the response is longer
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First of all, if you have not done so yet, you need to read and become very familiar with the CA Evidence Code ( Failure to read this and become familiarized with the evidence code is one of the top reasons why pro se litigants claim the judge is against them and would not consider any of the evidence.
You need to properly introduce evidence/exhibits through witnesses being put on the stand who have first hand knowledge of the evidence you are about to introduce (documents they created, sent or received) and ask them to identify it, called "authentication." Also, see:

Related Family Law Questions