Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My 15 teen year old daughter came to me and I dont have

Customer Question

My 15 teen year old daughter came to me and I dont have custody and there is a juvenile court order of no contact against me however she is not safe at her grandmothers house what do I do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If there is a court order prohibiting you from having contact with the child, then you doing so exposes you to being cited for contempt of court. Thus, the best thing you could do is have someone else harbor the child temporarily and file an emergency motion to modify the court's order and give you temporary relief to maintain custody of the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Usually, a temporary hearing can be held within a few days of the filings......so you should be able to get these issues addressed posthaste.