How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 15 teen year old daughter came to me and I dont have

Customer Question

My 15 teen year old daughter came to me and I dont have custody and there is a juvenile court order of no contact against me however she is not safe at her grandmothers house what do I do
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If there is a court order prohibiting you from having contact with the child, then you doing so exposes you to being cited for contempt of court. Thus, the best thing you could do is have someone else harbor the child temporarily and file an emergency motion to modify the court's order and give you temporary relief to maintain custody of the child.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Usually, a temporary hearing can be held within a few days of the you should be able to get these issues addressed posthaste.