How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6390
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about minor name change please, I'm in PA,

Customer Question

hello I have a question about minor name change please
JA: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I'm in PA, and changing my son's last name, but he was born in NJ. will PA contact NJ after name is changed?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no not yet i do not need a lawyer I just want to know if PA will contact NJ after name change is granted
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no please
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 8 months ago.

There should be no reason for PA to contact NJ after a name change. Rather, you would be given an court order proving up your name change and you could use a certified copy of that order in PA if the issue ever arose.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.