How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2129
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok. I figure I will give this a shot. To make a story short.

Customer Question

Ok. I figure I will give this a shot. To make a long story short. I filed for child support through the state of Texas in Sep 2014. I was told I could not file through them as I do not live in the state. I am active duty military stationed in New Jersey but maintain Texas residency. I was forced to file a UISFA case. Texas received it in mar 2015. The OAG sat on it for 15 months and never did anything. I had to file with a lawyer to get support started as my wife and I are going further in debt every month. This was in May 2016. The judge enforced the order in Jul 2016 with back support to May of 2016 and left the interstate case open, as he felt I was entitled to the back support, but the ruling was out of his jurisdiction. Now the OAG is telling me because the paperwork doesn't state that I am now out back support from Feb 2015 through May 2016. Roughly $8,000 dollars. All because they couldn't do their job in the first place. What are my options. Sorry this is so long!
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas is the case authority
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just what was ordered in Jul of this year
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think this will get me started
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 9 months ago.

I actually practiced with the OAG in Texas. You can file a motion to confirm arrears so that you can establish what the amount owed was and have the judge sign it.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be greatly appreciated.