How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend is on state assistance. He is thinking about

Customer Question

My boyfriend is on state assistance. He is thinking about getting married. He has no property, just a car he is working part-time. He'll start to collect social security next year when is turns 62. If we do get married he wants me to protect my assets consisting of my own car, 1/3 of the home I currently live with my brother and sister and pension check.
My question is: He is currently getting medical through AHCCCS and $16.00 food stamps per month, he is paying rent for his apartment. If we do get married how with this affect my assets and his assets?
Thank you,
Theresa Ann Goshkarian ***@******.***
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 12 months ago.

Good day, my name is Brandon. I am a licensed attorney. Getting married could affect your assets, as well has his eligibility for AHCCCS and food stamps. You mentioned that you receive a pension check. How much do you receive, and what other sources of income do you have, if any?