How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 40993
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced in state. I never received an original

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** I was divorced in washington state. I never received an original divorce decree. I received a copy via email. I want to remarry and they are looking for originals. How do I go about getting one?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in new York.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no. just making sure all my ducks are in a row.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Order certified copies from the Washington Dept of Health, they can mail them to you.

You might need a birth certificate too , they have these as well.

Thanks again for the chance to help today.Let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Related Family Law Questions