Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

How do I acquire my CPS file and a copy of my financial

Customer Question
disclosure, filed with receipt? Judge...
How do I acquire my CPS file and a copy of my financial disclosure, filed with receipt? Judge says she has no record and CPS has no time, busy, person not there, etc.
Do I need to acquire a subpoena for these records?
How do I go about doing this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/23/2016
Family Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Bill Attorney

This is attorney Bill answering your question.

While CPS files are generally confidential certain person can retain access to most of the information but some information will be deleted.

To obtain your files write to the Records holder at your CPS office. You will also need to present your ID drivers license. Federal law requires them to send you in mail a copy of your file.

SO once you find out the correct person's name, who is responsible for record holding, you send them the request.

Sometimes you can write the letter to the Department of Health and Human Services

If they continue to deny your right you can can file a motion with the family court to compel disclosure.

I hope this helps

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

I WORK FOR CREDITS

I'm here for follow ups

Attorney Bill

You can contact this address and number to fin the records holder.

*****# B, Belmont, CA 94002, United States

Phone: +1(###) ###-####/p>

PLEASE REMEMBER I WORK FOR POSITIVE RATINGS

Best of luck attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer