How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 19280
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A woman friend of mine has suffered physical as well as

Customer Question

a woman friend of mine has suffered physical as well as financial abuse for several years. she has videos of the physical abuse recorded on her cell phone. she was also working at the nursing home owned by the abuser her x husband and his mother. she has witnesses to these events although they may be reluctant to testify. i am not a doctor but she is suffering from ptsd. i hear her have nighmares and she wakes up screaming. she is out of that situation but feels worthless like she should have done something against him. she is 40 years old and i told her she deserves juistice and should pursue a case against him. i tols her there may be lawyers that when they see the evidence would take the case on a contingency basis as he owes you so much money. i hope this makes sense to you. i am a friend and hate to see her go through this. ************
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to read about your friend's difficulties.

How long ago did she suffer this abuse?

Was the abuse part of her divorce case?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
she was with him for 22 years never married and had i son. having talked with her i find this is really complicated and she is going to have to sit down and explain it to a lawyer when she gets back from calif in nov. she had taken some legal action , i think she is just as confused as i am. i am not sure about statute of limitations or if she need to file a civil case. she is not an educated person never graduated high school. is ther a name of a lawyer in the north attleboro area you can give me so i can take her for a consultation?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, pursuant to site rules, I cannot make a personal referral. However, you can use the following sites to find local personal injury Attorneys:

Statute of Limitations is very important here. If the Statute of Limitations has run on the case, she cannot bring a civil suit against him. The Statute of Limitations for personal injury case in Massachusetts is three years. Criminal Statute of Limitations for the same is six years.

Best wishes,

Related Family Law Questions