Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

My daughter was indicated in a CPS investigation in New York

Customer Question
for not seeking medical attention...
My daughter was indicated in a CPS investigation in New York for not seeking medical attention for her child. I she request it to be expunged and loses will that be worse than being indicated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/22/2016
Family Lawyer: Stacy Adkins, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer

Hi, thanks for using Just Answer. To clarify, your daughter was indicted (formally charged by a grand jury) for child neglect. Has she entered a plea or been convicted? You wouldn't typically file for a charge to be expunged until after a conviction, and that's if the charge is even eligible.

Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins
Stacy Adkins, Lawyer