Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have to go back to court for modification of child support…

Customer Question
I have to go back...
I have to go back to court for modification of child support that I was rude the father of a male child I have DNA proof I am not the father of this said boy how do I get the courts to listen to me I did my own DNA to my father to my son and I was my son and it does not match the boy in question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/22/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only way you can do this is by filing a petition to establish paternity and ask the court to order a DNA test. If the results prove that you aren't the biological father, you can be relieved of your obligation. However, the court isn't likely to accept a DNA test from an outside source. Instead, it will order a test from one of its approved providers.