How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31765
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to go back to court for modification of child support

Customer Question

I have to go back to court for modification of child support that I was rude the father of a male child I have DNA proof I am not the father of this said boy how do I get the courts to listen to me I did my own DNA to my father to my son and I was my son and it does not match the boy in question
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The only way you can do this is by filing a petition to establish paternity and ask the court to order a DNA test. If the results prove that you aren't the biological father, you can be relieved of your obligation. However, the court isn't likely to accept a DNA test from an outside source. Instead, it will order a test from one of its approved providers.