How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2182
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter and her husband have two children. One is 2 and

Customer Question

My daughter and her husband have two children. One is 2 and one is 4 months. My daughter recently started having non epileptic seizures due to stress. She is on several medications that have caused depression and mood swings. However, she is now doing better. In the meantime, she has found out that her husband of one year has on several occasions throughout their marriage has invited women to hotel rooms, "chatted" with on paid websites, etc. They are now separated. She wrote up a calendar for visitation dividing days for each of them to rotate in and out of the household keeping the boys at home in their daily environment. Is this a smart thing to do? Can he just decide not to let her have the children back until a more legal arrangement can be made? We believe he is planning to file for divorce very soon.
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

No I would recommend filing for a legal separation with a court ordered visitation schedule in place.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 12 months ago.

Without a court order he could disappear or move outbof state with the children.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating of 5 stars would be appreciated.