How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33554
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do you do to prove prior to filing for a divorce that

Customer Question

What do you do to prove prior to filing for a divorce that there is cash being stashed for no traceability? I found my husband's stash and he claims he has no money. Take pictures? Will that hold up in court?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. He has been threaten, "when i get enough money to file" but this stash is more then enough
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what i can do to make sure that it is part of the financial disclosure because it is cash and it is a lot of money
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 10 months ago.

You can take pictures and count it, if you can, but the way you usually prove it is by a forensic accountant who looks over the finances and tells how much is missing.

You may also want to go ahead and pick out your lawyer and talk to them and they may tell you to take the money and deposit it into an account.