How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am married since for 18 years this November. My husband is

Customer Question

I am married since for 18 years this November. My husband is self employed and I do not have access to financial transactions and documents or profits in business. I do not have proof he owns the business but we file as self employed.We file a joint tax returnI am seeking to understand my legal rights. I can not in good conscious continue in this way.I want life insurance and he will not cooperate.
Home is owned by him and his father for 15 years. My Husband pays all taxes and home improvements for last 15 years not his father. Father wants to put deed to house into a trust as part of his will. No mortgage on property.
Husband and I have no will.
Daughters have college funds set up.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.

Are you interested in finding out your rights in case your husband dies, or how property will be divided upon divorce?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no thanks
Expert:  LegalGems replied 9 months ago.

What was your question please?

Related Family Law Questions