How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41597
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter in law was told by a cps worker to find a family

Customer Question

my daughter in law was told by a cps worker to find a family member to take her kids . can she type a tempory custody paper and have it notirised. can the still take them.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Here CPS has a voluntary placement agreement.This is a contract to allow one parent to have the children.Eventually the parent that takes the kids would need to file for custody or modification of custody if this is a permanent thing.Only a District Court judge here in Texas can award legal custody to a parent and resolve these issues, judge would also set support here as well.

Voluntary placement

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

This is the petition the person getting kid can file in the court where custody orders were made to modify it.

Judge has to agree and sign off here.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
0k so writing a temporary custody paper will not work? the kids are not abused by the mother nor miss traeated. the have a nome food and mom is trying to find another job. the school call cps because her son missed school, the other grandmother kidnapped the oldest daughter is on drugs they are make the momtake drug test
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

No but CPS here can act as a middleman and take custody and place them with other parent.They would the monitor the whole situation and if there are problems with new home they can pick them back up if necessary.If mom is able to get job and place for kids, etc then CPS would return children from other parent.But here she can use CPS to protect her rights and the kids really as well.

CPS can act as a monitor to protect kids and see if mom can get her act together.By federal law they would seek to reunify the mother to her kids if she can meet the requirements, get job, place to live, etc.You can seek to have CPS deal with custody and placement to other parent and they monitor both to make sure mother can get kids back if she can improve her situation.

Thanks again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the cps worker that she has is in no way out to help her . she has cursed her. mom was honest to tell her she was cleaning her mother room were she keep the drugs (meth) and handled the druga when cleaning and there was powerd in the air. the cps worker tols her if so and she came back with any trace she would take the kids
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

So the father if he wants the kids will need to use the forms to file to modify custody or just take them and worry about it later.Thats the best she can do here.

Related Family Law Questions