Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I have twins that are 5 years old. I'm not on their birth

certificate as the father because...
I have twins that are 5 years old. I'm not on their birth certificate as the father because the girl was with someone else when I got her pregnant. His name is ***** ***** She told me that I'm their father and is now willing to tell the court. Her and the named father are no longer together and neither of them currently has custody. The court took them and her brother is currently watching them. She goes back to court in December for some kind of custody hearing. I believe she's being determined unfit. I want to get a court ordered paternity test so that we could prove that I'm the biological father and I could get custody or at very least get visitation. I want to know how to go about it, if I can do it without an attorney by filling out some forms or something along those lines, and what the cost would be if I do and if I don't need an attorney.
10/19/2016
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

You can go without an attorney. My suggestion would be to contact this agency as they can help establish paternity and custody. If you are determined to be the father and awarded custody you would also be entitled to child support. ... http://www.childsup.ca.gov/

The great thing is there is no charge.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise a positive rating would be appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm going to contact them tomorrow and if they help me to determine paternity and custody I will give a positive rating. Thank you.

Sure, they will probably ask you to come in and set up an appointment.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer