JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

I need to know if there is something I can do if my son's

Customer Question

Hi I need to know if there is something I can do if my son's ACS caseworker is harrasing him. He has temporary custody of the child but everyweek the caseworker calls to have the mother come-in and see the child whenever she wnats. is that something they could do or does the court handling visitation ..
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brookly, New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know what rights the custody parent has?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

The ACS caseworker can set visitation, etc. unless there is a court order in place prohibiting that or expressly setting a specific visitation schedule. Normally judges prefer a set visitation schedule as it works better for the children to have structure.

Your son's lawyer can file a motion with the court to have the court set the schedule and prohibit ACS from changing it if he likes. I have never seen a judge refuse to do that if requested.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.