How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33424
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to know if there is something I can do if my son's

Customer Question

Hi I need to know if there is something I can do if my son's ACS caseworker is harrasing him. He has temporary custody of the child but everyweek the caseworker calls to have the mother come-in and see the child whenever she wnats. is that something they could do or does the court handling visitation ..
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brookly, New York
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know what rights the custody parent has?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  JD 1992 replied 9 months ago.

The ACS caseworker can set visitation, etc. unless there is a court order in place prohibiting that or expressly setting a specific visitation schedule. Normally judges prefer a set visitation schedule as it works better for the children to have structure.

Your son's lawyer can file a motion with the court to have the court set the schedule and prohibit ACS from changing it if he likes. I have never seen a judge refuse to do that if requested.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Related Family Law Questions