Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 17 years experience
19958803

I lost my original property settlement agreement agreement.

Customer Question

I lost my original property settlement agreement agreement. Would a copy suffice?
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Would a copy suffice for what?

.

What is it that you would be doing with the copy?

.

Was the original that the copy was made from signed off by both parties and the judge?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original was signed by both parties, and notarized. However, I lost the original. All I have is a copy of the signed marital separation agreement. Would that suffice for the court, or would I have to have the original?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in PA
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would be trying to execute it through the court.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a signed and notarized copy would be admissible because it is legally binding the instant it is signed by the parties.

.

.

thanks