How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9414
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a proposal question. We both counter offered in

Customer Question

I have a proposal question. We both counter offered in divorce case. We both agreed on shared care of kids. But the assets we didn't agree on. Before we could rescind offer he already responded and agreed to shared care. My entire proposal was not accepted. Is it binding? Can I still change it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. The answer is Yes, you can change your offer because it was already rejected.

A person had to make an unqualified acceptance of an offer to form a contract. A partial acceptance is the same as no acceptance, and has the legal effect of rejecting the offer.

If I offer to sell you 5 cats and 2 dogs for $25 each, and you say I agree to buy the cats, there is no contract.

I hope this information is helpful.