How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118634
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being falsely accused of drug use to CPS. My first case

Customer Question

I am being falsely accused of drug use to CPS. My first case was closed last Thursday only to have another report Friday and then again this past Wed. I did not answer door when CPS knocked last Sat.. I knew who is reporting me and before CPS she tried getting me fired from job for months I've been defending myself on drug accusations and first case of CPS I completely cooperated took two drug tests and both were negative n when I saw CPS at my door for the second time I got mad. So I made the huge mistake of lying to CPS and telling them I was out of town for work all week til today. I know nothing about lawyers and fees so to me I needed to buy time til I got paid again on Friday. Huge mistake. They showed up at work Friday with a sheriff and k9 unit and demanded I take oral test and I refused. After leaving work I called case worker apologized for lying and tried to explain my reason behind the insanity and went to office and took oral test she had asked me to take only to find out they were now asking for urine. I got mad once again.. Being harassed and how many tests do I have to take. So I refused to take urine and they said they were filing a motion to comply I believe is what she said and was going to ask for hair follicle. Question is how quickly will all of this take place.. Will I know and have to appear in court first will I get in trouble for lying r my children going to be taken away... Idk what to do and what to expect please help
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Free consultation on phone but he was no help. No advice given
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
At this point you may have made a mistake in lying to them, but in reality CPS and their social workers are the most negligent and incompetent abusive individuals you will ever deal with. Yes, you would need an attorney to deal with them, because the social workers are known for lying and making up evidence to suit their own opinions in a case and not facts. So, you would need a local attorney and you need to get the attorney to file suit in court for harassment and also malicious prosecution or defamation against the actual person making the continued complaints since CPS is responding to those false complaints and also take the proof of the false complaints to the District Attorney, as it is a criminal offense for someone to make false CPS complaints.