How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118651
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mi went court was awarded interm temporary spousal support I

Customer Question

Mi went court was awarded interm temporary spousal support I
Everything was agreed then we had to do a follow up court my papers were filed that I needed fl 141 mutual waivers the clerk did not put my papers in my file then then my spouse hired a attorney this attorney wants me to go to his office I don't understand this I used a paralegal because I can't afford an attorney I'm receiving social sercurity disability I need some help to understand this he does not want to pay alimony we will be married 43 yrs in nov but separated in 2012thank you Cindy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
First you can refile the forms the clerk did not put in the file. You should do that. Second, you should not agree to anything with the spouse's attorney at all and before you go, you need to call them and ask them exactly what they want to meet with you about. Once you know what they want to meet about, then you can contact your paralegal and they can come with you or at least advise you further based on their intimate knowledge of the case.