Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I was married 12 years. My husband was abusive and cheated.

Customer Question
I was married 12 years...
I was married 12 years. My husband was abusive and cheated. I left in 2011. I didn't have the money to file for divorce as I was a house wife. I have since met and moved in with my boyfriend. I know I can't get spousal support b ut can I or am I entitled to APL or Alimony. My only income is child support and SSI
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pennsylvania
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I received divorce papers today
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
10/16/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Tutor, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Law Tutor, Esq.

Welcome to JustAnswer (“JA”)! I am an attorney with over 20 years’ experience in multiple jurisdictions and I look forward to assisting you today.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, please consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) No specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship is formed herein. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

Please give me a moment to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just need to know if I am eligible for APL or Alimony when I live with my boyfriend when. My only source of income is SSI and child support
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why am I not getting a response?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can it be emailed to a different email?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only use my yahoo account...my Gmail was set up by my phone provider and I don't even know the password
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My email I use is***@******.***
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

A different Professional here.

I am sorry that you have not received an answer to your question until now. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: You may would be eligible for Alimony Pendent Lite even if you are living with a boyfriend. However, you would not be eligible for Alimony because if Alimony is granted it would automatically end if you are living with your boyfriend. See Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes Title 23 Chapter 37 Sections 3701 to 3707.( 23 Pa.C.S.A. Chapter 37 Sections 3701 to 3707.)

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law