How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 116710
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a large amount for money not collected from our

Customer Question

I have a large amount for money not collected from our divorced from my X-wife as arrears and she continue to hide from me us and from the San Diego, CA Child Support Services. I needed an advise on how to collect the large amount of money from my X-wife's owed me for many years now.
If your firm can help me to collect this large amount of arrears can I hire with the contingency types of Lawyer pays?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wanted an answer to my above questions "about the uncollected large amount of arrears from the X-wife and to hire a lawyer that will accept contingency payments.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please email me at***@******.*** or phone me at(###) ###-####when ever it is your convenience?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem is what you said above, she is hiding from you and even Child Support Services. Unless you can find her, there is little to nothing you or even the courts can do short of putting out an arrest warrant for her for criminal non-support and suspending her driver's license and passport (which Child Support Services should have done already). If you file a motion for contempt (Order to show Cause) in court, you have to serve her a copy or ask the court for leave to serve by publication in the newspaper where she last lived, then you get a default judgment of contempt against her, the court can enter an arrest warrant, but if she is hiding she will not be brought to the court unless she is ever stopped by the police. If she is arrested on that warrant and she has no assets, then all that will happen is the court will put her in jail for a time, but without assets you would not have any way to collect your money.
You can use a private investigator to try to locate her and then give Child Support Services the information or file your Order to Show Cause at that point and serve her, but again if she does not show and disappears again, you are back in the same situation.
There are hundreds of thousands of deadbeat parents like this and it is a huge problem, so it is up to you to locate her somehow or ask the DA's Child Support Enforcement Unit to make sure her license and passport are suspended and to seek a criminal non-support warrant against her.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thank you for your the same answers with the San Diego, Child Support Services. I am not to be charge with my memberships or any $5.00 Dollars charges. Because, you did not help me at all and as you said you just repeating the answers of the San Diego, Child Support Services answers. Today I needed to your office to refund my $5.00 Dollars charge and no $35.00 memberships charges today and in the futures and I will also communicate with my credit card company / bank that your company is not authorized any charges because I am not satisfied with your online services here as your answer to my questions. Respectfully ***** ***** Yurtola - DAV-PRM - Vietnam War Veteran
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for not telling me what you knew or did not know.
I also thank you for blaming me for the situation you find yourself in. I cannot make her appear nor can I find her for you. I furthermore cannot change the laws or the rules on how these cases work. You came here to this site and made a deal and based on the information you provided to us you received an answer, which I admit is not favorable to your situation but one that we have zero control over. You now want to claim you are not satisfied with our services, when it is your facts and the laws you truly are not satisfied with because we cannot make up or change the laws for you. Please do not blame us for the fact your ex disappeared and is a deadbeat and the laws are not favorable to your situation, that is extremely unfair and most of all untruthful on your part.
I wish you all the best.

Related Family Law Questions