How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34516
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get my daughter help with getting my 17year old

Customer Question

how can I get my daughter help with getting my 17year old grandson out of her home he drinks , smokes tobacco . pot and maybe some other drugs not sure about that . I am very,very,very worried about possible violence against my daughter and my 8 year old grandson. she has not been able get any help from law enforcement or the courts or any where else for that matter need some help quick !!!
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma. Has your daughter contacted child services? If so what was the response?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she has no one has not done any thing to help her I have tried to give her some ideas on what do but I have not been any help
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Thank. The problem she faces is that child services AND law enforcement have discretion. That means that they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular complaint. So you can report this to law enforcement or child services…but if they refuse to investigate/prosecute? There is no way to force them to do so.

That said, if the child continues to break the law then she should continue to report this to law enforcement.

It seems your payment for phone call failed...customer service at


Can correct this

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.